The Best Korean Skin Care Products: Top 10
Korean skincare is one of the latest trends in cosmetics that has taken the beauty world by storm! Whether you’re looking into korean skin care products for acne or just want to try a new face routine to stamp out wrinkles or dark eyes, there is definitely a product that will work for you.
Now in 2017, korean cosmetics are becoming all the rage. Between all of the rumored masks, eye creams, and moisturizers, it can be hard to know where to start. There are tons of products to choose from and koreans are really years ahead in their skincare routines, proven by their flawless complexions.
Our Top 10 Korean Skin Care Products
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule
- Skin Food Black Sugar Mask
- Mizon ALL in ONE Snail Repair Cream
- Skin Food Peach Sake Pore Serum
- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack
- Holika Pore Clearing Petit BB Cream
To put together this list, we used a combination of evaluating the best selling korean cosmetics to review, along with personal experience, and reviews from other beauty bloggers.
What Does Korean Skincare Include?
Here is a basic overview of what a line of korean skincare daily regime would include, which can be anywhere from 10 to 17 steps depending on your skin’s needs:
- Cleansers, including oil and foam. These are gentle on your face, yet effective in removing makeup, resulting in clean, moisturized skin.
- Toner – not the kind you’re used to
- Essence – it’s like a serum, but thicker, and American companies are starting to emulate it
- Serums, moisturizers, and ampoules – yes, there is more to add on to your face after the essence!
- Exfoliation, masks, sleeping masks, etc. Depending on your needs, this will change. Some masks are made out of paper, while others are like normal creams that are left on overnight.
- Eye creams. Some of these will have very interesting ingredients such as snail extract. They are said to be miracle workers, though.
- Sunscreen & bb creams. What face routine would be complete without adequate protection from the sun?
- Mists and Facials
You can see there is a lot of room to have a ton of favorite products here. To help you out, we’ve found our top 10 favorites, all of which can be purchased online.
Beauty bloggers and vloggers everywheresuch as Michelle Phan have either read about, written about, or vlogged about some sort of korean skin care product recently.
Take this video by pink fashion ninja for example. She was talking about korean facial products in 2013:
Have you tried any of these amazing, moisturizing, about-to-be-cult-classic korean lotions and potions? What brands and treatments have you tried? Let us know in the comments!
The whole product routine is very customizable depending on your skin’s specific needs, whether you are oily, sensitive, dry, or have combination skin.
saimdang products are AMAZING!! They are organic and and very high quality! They spend a lot of money on r&d and win top national awards for their products every year… I am a devout user! LOOOVE their skincare line… Keeps me looking young and beautiful, if I don’t say so myself…
dear, where can we find your products in Washigton dc?
do you sell your products in DC?
Please u will give me list for care my skin
aqua peeling gel mask looks good
What Korean products are good for oily skin and black heads? I’ve had an epic battle with black heads and it never ends! Lol I also have dark circles under my eyes, but are genetic.
I want to know on what web we can’t buy them?
Thank you so much for writing about Korean products! You hear about their awesomeness all the time but there are so many its hard to know whats really good. Do you have any recommendations for bb cream foundations for fair (pink undertone) and sensitive skin?
Just read your article with interest as we have just launched our new Sensora range of skincare products which takes inspiration from South Korean and Japanese skincare products and routines. Our range is not yet complete and so we can not offer a full 10 step routine but that will change next month when we add essences, sheet masks, and clay masks to our current range. Please have a look as I would welcome your feedback
Please email me I loveeeeeeeeeeeees ur website