Korean skincare is one of the latest trends in cosmetics that has taken the beauty world by storm! Whether you’re looking into korean skin care products for acne or just want to try a new face routine to stamp out wrinkles or dark eyes, there is definitely a product that will work for you.
Now in 2017, korean cosmetics are becoming all the rage. Between all of the rumored masks, eye creams, and moisturizers, it can be hard to know where to start. There are tons of products to choose from and koreans are really years ahead in their skincare routines, proven by their flawless complexions.
Our Top 10 Korean Skin Care Products
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule
- Skin Food Black Sugar Mask
- Mizon ALL in ONE Snail Repair Cream
- Skin Food Peach Sake Pore Serum
- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack
- Holika Pore Clearing Petit BB Cream
To put together this list, we used a combination of evaluating the best selling korean cosmetics to review, along with personal experience, and reviews from other beauty bloggers.
What Does Korean Skincare Include?
Here is a basic overview of what a line of korean skincare daily regime would include, which can be anywhere from 10 to 17 steps depending on your skin’s needs:
- Cleansers, including oil and foam. These are gentle on your face, yet effective in removing makeup, resulting in clean, moisturized skin.
- Toner – not the kind you’re used to
- Essence – it’s like a serum, but thicker, and American companies are starting to emulate it
- Serums, moisturizers, and ampoules – yes, there is more to add on to your face after the essence!
- Exfoliation, masks, sleeping masks, etc. Depending on your needs, this will change. Some masks are made out of paper, while others are like normal creams that are left on overnight.
- Eye creams. Some of these will have very interesting ingredients such as snail extract. They are said to be miracle workers, though.
- Sunscreen & bb creams. What face routine would be complete without adequate protection from the sun?
- Mists and Facials
You can see there is a lot of room to have a ton of favorite products here. To help you out, we’ve found our top 10 favorites, all of which can be purchased online.
Beauty bloggers and vloggers everywheresuch as Michelle Phan have either read about, written about, or vlogged about some sort of korean skin care product recently.
Take this video by pink fashion ninja for example. She was talking about korean facial products in 2013:
Have you tried any of these amazing, moisturizing, about-to-be-cult-classic korean lotions and potions? What brands and treatments have you tried? Let us know in the comments!
The whole product routine is very customizable depending on your skin’s specific needs, whether you are oily, sensitive, dry, or have combination skin.